Gradiant Energy Services is an oilfield services company addressing industry’s toughest water challenges through custom-engineered solutions and game-changing technologies. We serve oil and gas operators seeking safe, reliable, economic, environmental and efficient treatment, reuse and recycling of flowback and produced water.
GES goes above and beyond industry norms to maintain the highest level of operational excellence, safety and professionalism. This philosophy and culture is found in every level of our organization. GES has implemented thorough processes, accountability and redundancy for quality assurance and control, utilizing rigorously vetted and successfully deployed industry best practices. Our track record and reputation for superior safety, quality, reliability and responsiveness result from this philosophy of operational excellence.
IC Engineer Job Summary
Gradiant Energy Services is seeking Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in our Houston, Texas location to assists in Instrument and Controls Engineering design activities for different water treatment technologies which may consist of burners, turbines, separators, clarifiers, pumps with VFD’s, control valves etc.
The successful IC Engineer candidate will be able to:
- Safety is our primary objective. Learn the safety culture of GES.
- Provide Controls Systems and Instrumentation design deliverables for the project(s) in the front end, detailed design, and construction phases.
- Review existing field instruments and recommend required modifications
- Cost-benefit analysis for completing and providing I/C solutions resulting in robust, cost effective designs
- Complete understanding of facility requirements including one-line diagrams, area classifications, control schematics, interconnect wiring diagrams, plans, details and cable schedules
- Identify technology improvement opportunities and assist the application team in preparing IP potential ideas with documentation
- Participate in HAZOP/HAZID
- Conduct plant optimization and full automation for reducing manual processes
IC Engineer Experience Requirements:
- Development of P&IDs with process
- Experience in the specification of the various types of instruments for flow, pressure, temperature and level
- Hands-on experience with Honeywell, Siemens, Wonderware related to HMI and development and software for Allen Bradley and Siemens
- High level proficiency with typical legacy SCADA protocols (i.e. Profibus, Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet TCP/IP
- Prior experience in converting manual/HMI processes to SCADA and DCS based systems utilizing RTU/PLC and HMI
- High proficiency with programming languages such as C++ and Python. AutoCAD familiarity is a plus.
- Superior communication skills
IC Engineer Education Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science is required. Focus in Electrical Engineering is strongly preferred
- Master’s degree in related field is preferred
- Minimum 5 years I&C experience is strongly desired
- Experience in water treatment will be a big plus
GES is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to GEScareers@GRADIANT.COM