Gradiant Energy Services is an oilfield services company addressing industry’s toughest water challenges through custom-engineered solutions and game-changing technologies. We serve oil and gas operators seeking safe, reliable, economic, environmental and efficient treatment, reuse and recycling of flow back and produced water.
The company offers the opportunity to work on challenging problems in a high growth environment and ability to make large scale impact on the energy and environmental security of the world. GES strives to offer a friendly and safe workplace and competitive compensation and benefits.
I&C Field Technician Job Summary
Gradiant Energy Services is seeking an Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Field Technician in our Midland, Texas location to design, develop and supervise all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery.
The successful I&C Field Technician candidate will be able to:
• Responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
• Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Develops and implements control logic.
• Install, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair PLC based systems.
• Provide remote and on-site support including nights and weekends, as needed.
• Inspect assembled equipment to ensure proper installation.
• Inspect operating parts to ensure proper operation within expected tolerances.
• Diagnose errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions.
• Determine tools and equipment required to perform scope of job.
• Interpret manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams. Assists in preparation of such.
• Knowledgeable of electronics and electrical systems.
• Consult with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance.
• Weekly field visits and periodic overnight travel required
• Cooperate with technical teams and shares information across the organization
• Build positive relationships with customers
I&C Field Technician Education and Experience Requirements:
• Associate’s degree or certification required
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree a plus.
• 5+ years of I&C experience
• Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC required
• Oil and Gas Industrial Control training preferred.
• Experience working with water treatment equipment or oil and gas field a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, blueprints, schematic drawings, manuals, etc.
• Hands on experience performing troubleshooting controls systems, PLC programs, SCADA systems
• Willing to provide technical direction and training to others
• Ability to work safely and unsupervised
GES is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com